- Name: Jeff Gardner
- Complete the sentence. “I Market…”: A personal lifestyle often mistaken for an intangible commodity
- One word that describes you: Direct
- First job? Paying Job: bus boy. Real Job: web site development & online advertising
- Current job? Marketing director at the world’s greatest bank
- Favorite part of current job? Ability to go counter current in a sea of sameness
- Favorite AMA Event? MAX Awards (what else?)
- What should the MAX Awards give away instead of trophies? Personal press release for each winner
- Did you pick Portland, or did it pick you? Portland picked us. But we’ve been picking at it sense.
- Favorite thing about living here? Livability. Beautiful scenery.
- Favorite happy hour spot? Kells
- Where can we find you on the weekend? At home playing Mr. Mom
- Favorite website? Real Clear Politics; The Onion
- Facebook or Twitter? Twitter
- East side or West side? North side. (Clark County)
- Beer, wine, or coffee? None, really. I’m too amped as it is.
- Car, bike or TriMet? Car, I’m afraid.
- Where can we find you online? www.linkedin.com/pub/jeff-gardner/0/b53/658
Brand strategist and marketing consultant, Jeff Gardner is the Vice President of Marketing Strategy for Umpqua Bank and Umpqua Holdings Corporation in Portland, Oregon. Jeff manages the company’s brand strategy and marketing communications efforts, in addition to the organization’s sales and client engagement strategy.
Prior to Umpqua Bank, Jeff served as the Director of Brand Management and Marketing Communications at Regence BlueCross BlueShield, where he developed and launched the organizations’ holding company and subsidiary brands, including Cambia Health Solutions, Regence BCBS, Life Map, and Sprig Heath. Before joining Regence, Jeff managed product and marketing communications at BlueShield of California and led the sales and marketing efforts at internet start-up CitySearch.com in San Francisco, CA.
Jeff serves on the advisory board of Big Brothers Big Sisters, Portland Chapter, and as an Assistant District Chair for Boy Scouts of America. Prior to his time in Portland, Jeff served on the board of Terry Reilly Health Services in Boise, ID. Jeff holds a B.A. degree in International Economics from Brigham Young University, and an Associate’s degree in Mandarin Chinese from the University of Nanjing. Jeff currently resides in Camas, Washington with his wife and four children.